First dates are usually very, very awkward. After all, you are getting to know a complete stranger. Your date is analyzing your every move and you are analyzing his every move. However, it doesn’t have to be rocket science. Here are a few tips that will help you get that call back for the second date.
- DO get ready the right way – Make sure to plan hours in advance to get ready. Getting ready, hours in advance, helps you take your time in figuring out the perfect outfit, perfecting your makeup, and helps you to calm the butterflies in your stomach. Just like a job interview you want to make sure your appearance is very presentable. However, unlike a job interview, you want to be sure to show a little bit of your sexy side. This means accentuating your best feature. If you have great lips, make them pop with a nice lipstick that goes great with your undertone. If you have amazing legs, wear that mini skirt and balance it out with a nice long sleeve shirt. Keep in mind, you do not want to go overboard. Leave something to the imagination and it will make him want even more.
- DONT show your pessimistic side. No one wants to be around someone who is a gloomy, Eeyore (You know, the gloomy donkey from Winnie the Pooh). If you are having a bad day, try to see if you can reschedule the date. If not, try to refrain from complaining about the wrongdoings in your life. (You wouldn’t walk into an interview and start talking about all the things you hate about a job, would you?) Instead, try to talk about things that you are most proud of.
- DO give him compliments – Who doesn’t love compliments? They make everyone feel special. A simple “You look handsome” will have him smiling uncontrollably.
- DONT get distracted when he is talking – Pay attention to the details when he is talking about himself (after all this is how you get to know someone). When you show him that you are listening, he will see that you are really interested him.
- DO Relax – This is one of the most important steps. When you are relaxed you will be able to show your date your true self. He will be able to see you for what you are, whether you are a jokester, whether you are sassy, or whether you are the down-to-earth chick. He will also see that you are not trying to hard to impress him which is a major plus. No one wants to look desperate, right?
- DON’T follow up – Whatever you do, don’t follow up and text him after the date. Why you may ask? Not following up makes you look more mysterious and it makes him question himself. When you don’t follow up, the guy starts wondering, “Does she really even like me?” , “Did I say something stupid?”, “Maybe I should call or text her…”. Many people would advise against this saying, “Oh you’re just playing games”, but in my perspective this is the best way to see if a guy really likes you. This has worked for me and studies at the University of Chicago, have proven that guys love the thrill of chasing women. However, once he does follow up with you, be honest and tell him what your thoughts were about the date.
Thanks for reading! If you like this post please,
– share it to your favorite blog- share it to your social media pageor tweet it
If you LOVED this post, get updates from me. (it’s FREE)
You’re amazing for staying till the end. Signup for my newsletter below